MASTER IN WATER RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT DATA
- Date of publication of the title in the RUCT: Resolution of April 7, 2010 of the General Secretariat of Universities (BOE nº 103, 29 abril 2010, sec. III, pág. 37679)
Academic year of implementation: 2008/2009
(RD 56/2005), adapted to RD 1393/2007 in the course 2009/2010.
Number of courses currently being implemented: fully implemented
Branch of knowledge: Science
Program length: 60 ECTS / 1 year
In case of part-time study, the minimum number of ECTS credits by the student enrollment and academic period is 30 ECTS
Type of education: in person
In the case of students who combine work and training, who wish to study part-time may, they can enroll for subjects in several courses, but should be aware that if the Master stops and do not have the necessary ECTS, the Master title can not be obtained. In these particular cases, assistance control is more flexible, classes information and notes will be shared through the virtual campus and the students will be attended in the tutorials.
Languages used : Spanish and, occasionally, English.
Rules of stay : Without prejudice to the competence that art 46.3 of Organic Law 6/2001 on Universities, gives the Social Council to establish rules governing the progress and stay of students, according to the characteristics of the respective studies, statutes of the University of Malaga, in art. 124, set in general to all degree programs a maximum of six examination sessions which will be open to students to overcome each of the subjects that make up the respective curricula. For this purpose, only calls for examination to which the student has attended shall be computed. Students who have spent three or more calls will be entitled to request the establishment of a court's consideration.
Aims: research, doctoral and technical training to working in public administrations and companies.
- Develop basic tasks of scientific research in the framework of I+D+i projects
- Develop and conduct technical projects on water resources and environment in government or private companies, together with specialists from other fields of knowledge.
- Know the components of the hydrological cycle and the impacts of human activity and its mitigation.
- Knowing the research methods to assess water resources and meet the hydrological and hydrogeological functioning on different types of terrain.
- Characterize the natural water quality and contamination processes, and develop protection strategies.
- Meet scientific criteria to determine the importance of water in areas of special environmental interest and learn how to perform an environmental impact assessment.
- Conduct a water planning and sustainable use of water resources through proper management and compatible with the environment, based on hydrological-hydrogeological research.
- Understand basics of law and economics of water emanating from the European directives and being reference of the European convergence on water.
Academic opportunities: PhD
Career opportunities: public and private companies, consulting and government related to water resources and the environment.
Profile of newly admitted students: Graduate in Environmental Sciences, Geology, Biology, Chemistry and Mining Engineers, Civil and Ports Engineers, Agricultural, Geological, Chemical Industrial Engineers. They may also access other graduates (Graduates or Engineers) if they can prove an adequate level of training in subjects related to the master.
Information on support and guidance for students once they are registered:
-Activities carried out by the University of Malaga: open days, orientation sesions in places of origin of the students (especially in Andalusia), website, magazines and brochures, campus information points.
-Meeting prior to the start of each course of the Master RHYMA to inform in detail about all the aspects concerning the qualification (programming, content, classrooms, schedule, career counseling, job placement).
-Monthly meetings with the student group to monitor teaching,academic results and the virtual classroom.
-Using the virtual class room and e-mailas tools for support and guidance in the development of teaching.
-Permanent personalized service by coordinating the Master, both onsite and online.
-Custom management of the internship destinations and Master's Thesis work.
- Access to technical and research staff of companies, universities and research centers, to learn the details oft he activity in each ona.
Admission requirements and admission: academic record (60%) and resume (40%)
According to the verification report of the Master's Degree, the maximum number of students admitted will be 20.